Bissell Spot-Clean Portable Carpet Cleaner Review
The Bissell Spot-Clean professional upholstery cleaner is one of the best portable carpet cleaners on the market. I got this back in November so a few months ago, and I’ve used it a couple of times on my kitchen chairs which were very dirty and they did get off completely except for one that is still faded but you can’t really tell unless you’re really close. Now without further delay let’s look at the cons about this product.
- First off, the hose: the hose is about five feet long but really it is long enough and you’ll find yourself picking up the unit to reach an area when cleaning a couch or stairs. You’ll find yourself picking up the unit to set it down on something else, so you can finish cleaning part of it.
- Secondly the cap for the water tank was leaking for me which when I turned it over to put it back on the unit it would leak over onto the surface causing a big mess.
- Third the tanks are not secure and when you go to put them back on the unit. there is no way to lock them into place so when you go to use it and it tips over the tanks will come off and may spill detergent or the dirty water all over the place.
- Fourth it did not include a rotating brush and it would have been nice for them to include this making a lot easier and more effective and cleaning your area without a rotating brush. You have to scrub back and forth for a long period of time depending on your stain so if you have a large area to clean your arm will become tired after a while.
- Fifth the unit is very loud if you’re cleaning with an area that has hardwood or tile the unit will echo all throughout deafening your ears, but it doesn’t seem so bad if you’re cleaning in a carpeted area.
Now the cons of this product will not keep me from using it because the pro is definitely do outweigh the cons so let’s jump right into the pros.
- First the suction: the suction is incredibly powerful and when compared to my
hoovercarpet cleaner does a much better job it allows for deeper cleaning and also dries up the moisture from it almost completely. Secondthe power cord is 22 feet long which allows you to move about the room easily without having to unplug and replug the unit in to complete an area. Thirdboth the water and dirty tank are incredibly large which will allow you to complete your job without having to go and refill and empty your tanks.
- Fourth the unit comes with a
3 inchbrush as well as a six inchstair brush both attachments pop on and snap off easily from the hose notlike some units you buy which practically hurt your hand when you take it off. The 3 inchbrush is very nice when getting into small areas as you can see with the backing of my kitchen chair.
- Fifth the cleaner is fairly small and is only 13 pounds making it very portable when using and moving it around.
Lastlythere is a latch to hold the hose into place when storing in conclusion.
I’m giving the Bissell Spot-Clean a 4 out of 5 and it’s because there are some improvements that Bissell could have made I think there were some things that they did overlook as stated in my cons but I do highly recommend it. The suction on this is what is a selling point is for me, and I would just recommend getting this is well worth the money. It cleans it well and dries it really fast. I just love a lot of things about this product, so I will go ahead and get it.